Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Last day at Iracambi

I usually hate last days. They are always a hurry up and wait scenario. Wake up, get packed, get everything done you need to, then wait around typically to travel home or to somewhere else. But this last day doesn't feel like a last day. Though I'm leaving Iracambi today, all of my fellow volunteers are coming with me for the first 2 legs of my trip, which makes it a fun and very special last day. We all decided to make a trip out of my leaving, so today all of us are taking the school bus into Rosario da Limeira and then another bus to Muriae, the closest biggest city to here. So this afternoon will be filled with shopping and eating things that aren't beans and rice and hanging out (likely playing cards). Then late tonight I'll hop on a night bus to Rio, wake up at the bus station, get on another bus to Buzios and head to my hotel where my husband will meet me a few hours later. So, seems like in terms of last days, this one won't be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment